What is the best luggage to travel around Vietnam.
What is the best luggage for travel.
If you’re only going on a short vacation, carry-on luggage is OK, but if you’re going to be gone for a while, you’ll need a larger suitcase that can be checked into the cargo hold.
Whether you check an ultra-modern hard-shell spinner bag, a conventional fabric case, or a big backpack, do your study to select the right size, shape, and type of luggage for your next vacation.
Things to Think About When Checking Luggage.
Checked luggage is typically larger, thicker, and more inconvenient than cabin luggage. The sort of checked luggage you can use on an airplane is determined by how you move it to and from the airport, as well as the physical weight and size constraints imposed by the aircraft.
Carry-on luggage is convenient, but it may not have the space you require for longer trips. Treat yourself to one of those larger suitcases you’ve been eyeing if you’re checking your luggage this time.
Most companies make cases, backpacks, and even bags in a range of sizes, so you could get a matching set for a few bucks. Keep in mind that medium-sized cases are easier to transport than large ones (and lighter, too).
Large cases are difficult to transport through airports, and each airline has size and weight restrictions, so check with the airline before flying.
Don’t be the person that unpacks their overloaded suitcase at check-in to make it lighter. Before you fly, check with your airline to see what the weight restriction for checked bags is. Most airlines will charge you extra if your bag weighs more than 50 pounds. Or they may even refuse them at check in.
You may be able to get around the weight restrictions by checking more than one suitcase at a time, but this will almost always cost you extra (and not every airline on every route will offer this service).
Suitcase vs. Backpack
Suitcases with two wheels are easy to draw behind you and are better fitted to travel across rougher terrain, but four-wheeled suitcases glide along by you and are considerably easier to maneuver in confined spaces like airplane aisles.
When deciding between a 2- or 4-wheeled alternative, cost, practicality, and personal preference are all important considerations. A four-wheel spinner case glides quickly through the airport, but it can get caught on hilly walkways or uneven paths.
A two-wheeled variant can be dragged across almost anything, although it is shaky and bulky. Before you buy, try out a few luggage.
Another difficult decision you’ll have to make is whether to acquire a gleaming new hard-shell case or a sporty-looking soft-shell case.
Hard cases are extremely robust, with smooth curves and vibrant exteriors, but they offer less interior room flexibility (and are more prone to wonky wheels and failing handles).
Soft cases aren’t always as attractive as hard cases, and they don’t always provide the same level of protection. They do, however, usually have more usable interior capacity, handy external pockets, and are much lighter to carry and manage.
Any case’s quality and longevity will be determined by its make and model, so keep in mind the old saying “buy cheap, buy twice” when purchasing.
My Top 5 Suitcases.
- PACKING Dimensions: 19.6”x 14.75” x 9.5”, OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 22.5” x 15.5”x 9.5”, Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- STAY POWERED UP Enjoy the luxury of a charging system that travels with you, designed to connect with your preferred battery
- 28″ Spinner luggage maximizes your packing power and is the ideal checked bag for longer trips
- Packing dimensions: 28.0″ X 19.75″ X 12.5″, overall dimensions: 31.0″ X 20.0″ X 12.75″, weight: 11.5 pounds
- 10 year limited warranty: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- A half pound lighter than max lite 4, this lightweight 25 inch spinner maximizes your packing power and is the ideal checked bag for medium to long trips
- 4 wheel spinners rotate 360 degree for a smooth roll. Lightweight, sturdy PowerScope handle stops at 38 inch and 42.5 inch features a patented contour grip with rubberized touch points for easy maneuvering. Unique bottom tray design increases durability
- Expands up to 2 inch to maximize packing capacity. Features low profile top, side and bottom carry handles, two exterior compartments, full length interior lid pocket, side accessory pocket and adjustable hold down straps for packing convenience
- Limited Lifetime Coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year
- Case Dimensions: 25x18x11, Overall Dimensions: 27×18.5×11.5, Weight: 7.3 lbs. H20 Guard protects the interior lining from moisture
- Made from durable material for long lasting use
- Four double-spinner wheels assure smooth mobility
- Top and side carry handles provide comfort when lifting a fully packed case
- Tie-down straps in main compartment minimize shifting of packed items during travel.
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS : 32 x 20.5 x 12.75 inches
- Expandable Luggage: This swivel wheeled bag expands 2.5 inches for up to 25% more packing space. Cinch-down mesh garment panels keep contents from shifting and minimize wrinkling, Outsider handle provides greater interior capacity. Free TSA lock included
- Durable Construction: Made with ballistic nylon outer fabric that resists wear, moisture, dirt and abrasion. A lockable double zipper pull keeps contents secure and SpeedThru pocket allows quick access to travel items at security checkpoints
- Lifetime Guarantee: We’re the only luggage company that offers an unconditional lifetime guarantee. If your bag is ever broken or damaged, we’ll repair it free of charge, no proof of purchase needed, no questions asked
How to Choose the Best One-Bag Travel Backpack
Traveling with only one bag gives you a sense of liberation. All of your vital belongings are within reach, forcing you to forego many of life’s ostensibly required consumer things that you could definitely do without. You may simply move from place to place with just one bag, always having just enough but never too much.
Choosing the ideal travel backpack for one-bag travel is a difficult task. There are a plethora of brands and models to pick from, each with its own level of durability, affordability, and try-on-ability (we made this word up for trying something out before buying it online). When you throw in different points of view and perspectives from people with varied values, needs, and body kinds, you’ve got a real slew of possibilities to sort through. Having the finest travel backpack that fits for you is vital, whether you’re a first-time traveler planning your first trip, a digital nomad going through a “sell everything and put it in a backpack” period, or somewhere in between.
My Top 5 backpacks
Large Capacity and Organized: Men travel backpack owns 20 independent pockets for large storage and organization for small items. 3 spacious main multi compartments with many hidden pockets can accommodate lots of stuffs like college supplies, travel accessories, stationery, notebook, cord organizer, side deep zipper pocket for easy access essentials, side elastic net pockets conveniently hold travel gear umbrellas or water bottles.
Extra Large 50L Travel Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port Fit 17 Inch Laptops
Durable anti-theft travel bag: This backpack is Made with high quality terylene oxford fabric. It’s a very durable backpack, Anti Theft, Water Resistant, Scratch Resistant, Professional design, strap with high density soft decompression foam for your comfort.
Carry On Backpack Durable Convertible Duffle Bag
3 in 1 multifunctional backpack: Convertible backpack (backpack, shoulder bag, hand luggage bag), the bag is designed with straps, shoulder straps and hand straps, and you can use several different carrying methods to give you a different experience.
Travel Backpack, Vintage Canvas Rucksack Convertible
Designed to fit the maximum size allowed on an IATA flight, fits in the overhead compartment as well as the under seat as storage in flight; A true hands-free carry on with suppressible shoulder straps, easily to convert from duffel into a backpack in seconds.
Hynes Eagle Travel Backpack 40L Flight Approved Carry on Backpack,
Before it is extended it is 23L, dimensions are 18.1×11.8×5.5inch; after it is extended is 35L, dimensions are 18.1×11.8×10.2inch. You can expand the zipper and buckles according to your requirement. The two handles set on top and one side, which allow an easy switch between backpack and suitcase. So it can be carried vertically or horizontally. The luggage belt on the back allows being slide over the luggage tube, backpack very easy to carry, it is great for 3-7days daily travel.
35L Travel Backpack, Flight Approved Carry On Backpack for International Travel Bag, Water Resistant Durable 17-inch Laptop Backpacks, Large Daypack Business Weekender Luggage Backpack for Men Women.
Whatever you choose make sure it is right for you. Buy cheap, buy twice.
Any or all links on this site maybe affiliate links, and if you purchase something through those links I will make a small commission on them.
There will be no extra cost to you and at times due to my affiliation you could actually save money.
You can read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Any money made is used in helping the students and teachers in Vietnam. Thanks so much.